Safe battery collection
Discover handy tips and practical guidelines here.
- Only use the dedicated Bebat collection units
- Avoid overstocking and have Bebat empty your collection unit(s) on a regular basis.
- Do not expose the Bebat collection unit to extreme heat or cold.
- Do not expose the Bebat collection unit to moisture (rain, snow, rising moisture).
- Place the collection unit in a location with some measure of social control.
- Place the collection unit in a well-vented location at an appropriate distance from other waste fractions such as paper, oil, aerosols, ...
- Do not mix batteries with other waste such as conductive and combustible materials.
- Avoid all contact with rusty and/or leaking batteries (especially with the skin and eyes)! If contact with battery acid does occur: wash your hands thoroughly and rinse with plenty of water.
- Avoid short-circuiting large quantities of button cells, loose and/or naked exposed contacts or batteries where the + and – poles are positioned close together e.g. 9V batteries. Tape them over or make sure they are properly separated.
- In case of calamity (smoke, odour nuisance, heat...) cover the batteries with a lid and/or dry sand. Never use water! Contact Bebat as soon as possible by calling the special incident number 0800 97 523.