Below you will find an overview of the current contributions.
Every Bebat member pays an annual flat rate contribution of €60 (VAT excl.). In addition, you are also charged an environmental contribution or an administrative contribution per portable, industrial or automotive battery or accumulator put onto the market. For retroactive declarations, the applicable environmental or administrative contribution is the one that was valid when the battery or the battery-operated device was brought onto the market.
As of 01/01/2019, Bebat modified its contributions for portable, industrial and automotive batteries.
- A decrease of the environmental contribution for most batteries from € 0.073/piece (excl. VAT) to € 0.063/piece (excl. VAT), which entails a further decrease of 14%.
- A decrease of the environmental contribution for most lithium-ion batteries of electric bicycles from € 10 (excl. VAT) to € 9.00 (excl. VAT).
- No changes have been made for rechargeable lithium batteries, to the different weight categories. The environmental contribution for each category decreases.
- The administrative contribution for lead batteries weighing more than 3 kg will decrease to € 0.063 (excl. VAT), for other batteries with a weight of more than 20 kg to € 1 (excl. VAT).
The differentiated contributions are applicable as of 01/01/2019 to sales between all professionals (manufacturers, importers, wholesalers and retailers). For sales to consumers, the new contributions will take effect on April 1 2019 at the latest. This gives professionals who sell to consumers 3 months to deplete their stocks.
The law requires the environmental contribution to be differentiated for all types of batteries. However, in the interest of Bebat participants and of the retail sector Bebat appealed to the 3 regional administrations in favour of striking a balance between differentiation of contributions and administrative simplicity. As a result, only the environmental contributions for rechargeable lithium batteries are to be differentiated.
The administrative contribution for large batteries with a weight of > 20 kg (except for lead acid batteries > 3 kg) will not include the cost of collection, pick-up, sorting, processing and recycling.
ere you will find an overview of the differentiated contributions valid from 01/01/2019:
- Differentiated environmental and administrative contribution
- Annual membership contribution: €60 (VAT excl.)
Here you can consult the history of the contributions since the abolition of the "ecotax legislation" on batteries.